Coming this Monday, I will be leaving my first apartment in Chicago for something new. Going from a studio to a one-bedroom is my foray into adulthood and I couldn’t be more jazzed. I have so many decorating ideas floating around in my head that it can sometimes be hard to focus on actual work. Last night I made a video of myself giving my future self a tour of the apartment. I hope it will be funny to watch years from now and see the silly things that I had cluttering up my space. This exercise also helped me realize two things: 1. I have a lot of beauty products, and 2. I am kind of a klepto when it comes to magazines.
The overall look I am cultivating is very flea-market-eclectic-vintage chic. Slash you think you may have walked into Anthropologie instead of my home. There is so much furniture to buy! Also, why a glass coffee table is more than $50 anywhere, I will never know. Here are some of my favorite living rooms of the moment.
1. (Top of Post) Bri Emery’s Los Angeles Living Room, etsy.com
2. Eclectic Traditional Living Room, lonny.com
3. Nicole Davis’s Living Room, meohmymamma.blogspot.com
4. 11 Basic Design Elements, styleathome.com
5. Tory Burch’s Hamptons Living Room, netrobe.com